Thursday, June 5, 2014

Dust and Cobwebs

I enjoy reading and learning from others, but I must admit my ability to retain and implement lessons that I've learned are often hi-jacked by my laziness. There are those persons that are hardwired towards a type A personality and then there are those like myself. I'm annoyed by "hard" work. I am definitely a product of the popcorn, instant gratification generation. I'm not afraid of working and sometimes I have to participate, but I'm often taken away with the sense that maybe we could be focusing our energies and minds on not working harder but smarter. But this cannot happen without effort. For instance, I've been contemplating restarting a blog for about a year. But it's not until I actually put my hands on the keys of my computer to write that the rambling can begin. And so here I am dusting off the cobwebs of my mind to think about the thoughts I would like to share with those with the boredom or curiosity to read. I understand that work is not itself inherently evil. God worked and works to present before his creation a beauty beyond our comprehension. Even how intricately unique we humans are made is a bit mind boggling and a product of the works and actions of God. We are all so complicated, yet known by our creator. He has sculpted us for himself. We are his workmanship created for him in good works. So maybe it's not the hard work that's the issue, its the "good" hard work. We were not created to work aimlessly to prove to people we are not lazy. But in fact, we are created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.(Eph. 2:10 ESV) So I'll try and grab hold to the reality that God expects my good work, not my hard work. After all what can we add to the goodness of God, but if our work is not a result of the goodness that he has placed inside of all those that confess and believe in his Son Christ as our Savior then it is wasteful, empty, and hollow. JTeverything

No comments: