Wednesday, March 24, 2010

God is Good

Sometimes in life it is very apparent to see how fortunate you have been and that your life isn't really as bad as you think. I didn't grow up in a traditional Christian home and there are things in my past that I wish I could change. But as I look back over my life, I can clearly see God's provision and protection. God is good. God was good. And God continues to be all the more good to me.
I am blessed with a loving mother who sacrificed everything for me and my brother. She never placed a man before us and never allowed us to feel inadequate because we didn't have a father figure in our lives. Both my brother and I had dead beat dads, and even though there is a part of me that longed for a relationship with him I don't allow that to define the man that I am today.
God also continues to be good to me in allowing me to have amazing friendships. I don't know what I would have been without some of the relationships that I have formed. They have truly shaped me into a strong Christian man. And I don't feel judged by them, but loved. And none of my truly close friends have a problem with correcting me and allowing me to think right thoughts about myself and ministry.
And last but certainly not least God has blessed me with the most beautiful, intelligent, Godly woman I know as my future wife. She is the epitome of charm, grace, and virtue. I truly don't deserve such a gift and her love reminds me of the love that God has for the church. She is simply the best thing that has ever happened to me.
God is truly good and worthy to be praised. Thank you God for you hand in my life.

JTeverything

No comments: